Wednesday 14 May 2014

That Christmas I lost my mind.

There was about a week over the Christmas holidays where I felt like I was going insane.  I was caught in some bizarre version of 'Frozen' in my own life.  Ideas that had no business being born, were rolling freely out of my subconscious.  It was a crazy time.  At the same time, every where I went, I was eerily surrounded by a frozen wonderland that was left after a storm.  Every landscape was a back-lit wonderland of brilliance. 

These images represent that time in my life.  I was caught frozen between a place where I always lived, and a place I was going to be quickly moving to.  For a week I stayed in limbo, bobbing in the quiet calm that was signalling a very big storm.  I was happy to feast my eyes on it every day.  I literally admired it all the time.  I saw how unbelievably beautiful it made the world from every angle.  It was hard not to notice the majesty of nature, no matter how fucked up your week is getting.   As life continued to lurch forward uncomfortably, nature gave up her glitter. One night in bed I noticed the rushing sound of the water outside.  My glorious ice, melting at a tremendous rate, as the temperature rose. 










No comments:

Post a Comment